Scrubs - Season Finale - 5-17-7

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nrrhgreg, May 17, 2007.

1. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003

Advertisements

Thought it was a great end to the season. I'm probably one of the only people that want JD and Elliott to end up together, but I'm sure next season will start with them ending up not doing anything.

2. bugmenever

bugmenever Member

Feb 3, 2007
    i hate them as a couple.

Maybe they didn't do anything after all....I doubt elliot would throw it all away once again for JD.

3. bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    +1

I think they make a terrible couple, and they would just make each other miserable. My prediction is the wedding is still on next season.

4. Uncle Briggs

Uncle Briggs Go Blues

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern...
    No, I'd like to see them end up together also.

5. bugmenever

bugmenever Member

Feb 3, 2007

Advertisements

On a good note, Zach Braff is FINALLY going to be on SNL.

6. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Honestly, I get real tired of TV shows where couples get back together again and again. JD and Elliot, Ross and Rachel, Robin and the guy on HIMYM. JD and Elliot have already broken up 2x and it's time they stay that way. To me, they should end that relationship like they ended Kevin and Winnie on The Wonder Years. Have them remain great friends, but wind up with someone else.

7. lambertman

lambertman With an "L"

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Scrubs still has some very funny moments, but I hope the final season is more enjoyable than the last two.

8. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    To be fair, I don't remember Robin and whatsisname breaking up and getting back together.

The other couple, yes.

But that show's a little different-you basically knew Robin and whatsisname weren't going to be together forever and that the other couple was.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Robin and the guy dated the first season, then broke up, then got back together this season, then broke up. And yes, we knew eventually they would break up. But still, I don't like when they keep getting back together like that. I think it's time for JD to find someone

10. bugmenever

bugmenever Member

Feb 3, 2007
    +1

Seasons 1-4 are classic....

5 & 6 have not been nearly as consistent.

11. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    Batman?

12. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA
    I was pretty aggravated with this season's end for a few reasons.

When they wrote/filmed it, did they even know if a 7th season was definite?
    And after 6 years of JD and Elliot being off/on, it's time to let them just be off for good.
    Lastly, Elizabeth Banks has very good comic timing and fits into the show very well - I'd hate to see her pushed out of the picture because they had to write yet another JD/Elliot fling.

13. OldFantom

OldFantom New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    SE Texas

Yes, ABC studios, who create the show, had been told that ABC would pick up the show if NBC let it go.

I am a little peeved about the ending just because I can't beleive they would do this again. Are the writers trying to tell me that JD can't recall not loving her? Or that Elliot can't recall being dumped at Carla's rehersal dinner. Please, don't insult the viewer.

14. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I'm not generally a big spoilerphobe, but please be courteous -- I didn't know they had broken up again, mainly because it must have happened in this week's ep, which I haven't seen yet. No need to be spoiling other current episodes randonly in an unrelated thread.

15. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    First off, they haven't actually done "this", or anything, yet. That's why it's a cliffhanger. And anyway, it seems to me the idea here is more that if they can survive all those things and remain fast friends, to the point they can be hiding out in the on-call room late at night discussing their troubles, maybe there is something to be had between them after all.

Besides which, they are having different freak-outs. Elliot's issue isn't that she's wondering if she should be with JD, it's that she's wondering if she shouldn't be with Keith. JD being there is a coincidental, easy way to test that theory. JD, on the other hand, is wondering the same thing about Briggs, but largely because of Elliot (in addition to what Briggs did to him). They explained it pretty clearly during the couple's last go-around: JD doesn't want what he can have. And now that's he's officially about to never be able to have Elliot again, I can kind of see that he might want her once more.

Anyway. I say nothing will happen, or at least nothing that matters ultimately.

16. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA
    I expect (and really hope) that you're right. The 'cliffhanger' really left a sour taste in my mouth. I guess it's a testament to the previous 6 seasons that I can get emotionally invested in characters on an offbeat sitcom.

17. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003
    I saw an interview with Bill Lawrence, can't remember where, but he said that half the writers want them to end up together and half want them to be in their own relationships. He said that he doesn't want them together. So it would seem that the show runner would get what he wants with it.

18. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Whatever it takes to get rid of Dr. Kim Briggs will work for me. I can't stand Banks, she's ruined the show for me.

19. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    :eek: You hate pregnant people!

20. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I have to agree on the Elizabeth Banks thing. I was happy to see her join this season, hoping for some the character we saw in 40 year old virgin.

Unfortunately, I find her acting a bit stiff and unnatural compared to the other players we know so well. Very distracting for me.

Here's hoping for a strong next season.