Screenshot of a useful RSS feed from TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by eric23, Mar 29, 2006.

1. eric23

eric23 New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hi all,

I just wanted to share something I've been working on, having recently received a shiny new Cachecard.

I've been working on embedding an RSS feed into my personal website. Hope you like it!

Thanks to all the people who have made TiVoWeb and the RSS feeds. All I did was actually embed it into my site using PHP and XSLT (and alter the RSS slightly to accomodate some specific requirements). If anyone needs any help in doing the same on their own website, I'll try to answer questions.

rssfeed.gif

2. katman

katman New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    East Anglia
    Very nice :)

3. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    Oh yes, WANT IT ;)

Next someone will make an auto sharing torrent onboard a tivo,
    so we won't need scheduled tv anymore... or just search everyone's now-playing list ;)

4. randap

randap Only a TiVo will do.

Jan 21, 2003
    Nottingham
    That looks ace, and I would like to give it a go. Could you post / pm a how to with relevant links?

5. mesaka

mesaka travelling member

Sep 27, 2002
    I'm also interested!

6. PaulK

PaulK New Member

Jul 3, 2001
    London, UK
    Me too please, looks brilliant, and very clean

7. davisa

davisa New Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Also interested!

8. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Could one then set a slimp3 player (in RSS mode) to display info from Tivo?

Automan

9. eric23

eric23 New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Automan - anything that can handle an RSS feed would be able to display it. If it didn't work, you would just have to tweak some of the XML tags, maybe giving them different names, in order to make it work.

Thanks for the comments! Stay subscribed to this thread, because I will post some instructions in the next day or two. Just a bit busy at the moment! I will also, at that time, credit all those people who made it work. As I said, I didn't write the TiVo Web modules, I didn't come up with the idea of getting TiVo to output an RSS feed. I just made it work and look nice on my website! More soon...

10. goodisonboy

goodisonboy New Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Reading, RG5
    After seeing how well this worked I've followed suit but have hit on a problem... my Tivoweb has username / password configured.

I can browse to http://<mytivo>/includemyshowing aand enter my username and password but of course RSS Readers don't allow for RSS feeds behind password protected sites.. how do I get around this?

Thanks

Mark

11. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    http://username:password@<mytivo>/includemyshowing