Screen Tearing and pixelation on premium channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Jose MJR, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Jose MJR

Jose MJR New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    I need to use a tuning adapter to to receive the premium channels from Spectrum. I'm getting pixelation and screen tearing but only for the channels that require the tuning adapters (HBO, SHOWTIME, NBA ETC) The standard channels give me no issues (CNN, FOX, ESPN).

I'm currently using a BOLT and the Motorola tuning adapter from Spectrum.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

2. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    First suggestion is to use a splitter to connect your Tivo and your TA to the coax cable separately.

Do not Daisy chain the cable connection through the TA to your Tivo, this will reduce signal strength to the Tivo.

Paul Shivers

3. Jose MJR

Jose MJR New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    I'll try that when i get home. Do you recommend changing all the splitters too?

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Check the Diagnostics for Signal Strength. That's free. Cable Bolt is happy at 90.

5. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I would eliminate any unneeded splitters. Unless others are faulty for some reason there should be no reason to change them.

Paul Shivers

6. Jose MJR

Jose MJR New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    I ran a coax directly from the splitter to the tivo and another one from the splitter to the tuner. That was still giving me interference so I changed the USB input from the tuner to the bolt from the top port to the bottom one. So far I haven't seen any issues. I hope this clears it for good. Signal strength is at 90.

JoeKustra likes this.
  7. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    REboot the tuning adapter by disconnecting the power source.
    Wait 30 seconds to a minute, then reconnect the power source.

I have the tuning adapter connected to a lamp timer set to power off/on once a week for a few minutes.

8. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I'm so happy I no longer need a TA for my Roamio... Moved to Lubbock Texas and Suddenlink, I do not miss Spectrum...
    lol

Paul Shivers