1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen saver?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarleyRandom, Jul 11, 2018.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    The TV is old and has been showing signs I night have to replace it.

But when I do, what, if anything, can I do when I listen to iHeartRadio? The station's logo is on the screen constantly. I'm not in the room when I listen, but when I am in the room, I can see it there. I'm concerned because the purpose of a screen saver with a computer monitor is to keep the same image from being there constantly.

CopRock likes this.
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    This doesn't happen much any more with the current LED TVs.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Switch to Pandora. :)

Turn off the TV. Save money.

4. CopRock

CopRock Member

Jul 13, 2014

I have a decade old LCD which gets occasional burn in, at least they go away after the tv is shutoff after a while... The only way I can think of listening to audio of a tivo without using the TV's audio output is to use the tivo's audio or optical out to a sound system

5. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Tried it, didn't like it. I like this radio station. None like it are available in this area and I don't like the options in my car.

6. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    There are several free ways to listen to Iheart radio, do it one of those ways without using the TV.... BTW some TV's have a screen off setting.

7. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can always put iHeart app on your phone, I have.

8. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    What makes you think I have a phone?

The radio station I like had a baseball game and on one site I go to, someone recommended an iHeart station called 'The Standard". I was afraid to try it because stations like this are usually a disappointment. When I was in the room with it, the image on the screen was changing all the time. Good music, except they have an obsession with Frank Sinatra. I like his music, but this is too much. Anyway, I like it enough to listen when the other station has baseball.

9. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Yeah, I was hoping there would be a way to do that but no one here would know this TV. I don't know what I was expecting, but maybe there's a way to do this with the TiVo.

10. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    :eek: You don't have a Smart Cell phone?