Screen Saver Please

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by ITGuy72, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ITGuy72

ITGuy72 New Member

Aug 10, 2005

Advertisements

I know this has been asked for before, but not recently so here goes.

Please provide option (those who don't want it don't have to) for a screensaver while in the menus (fade to black with a moving logo would be nice) instead of jumping back to live TV.

There are many reasons I don't want live TV to come back up, especially if I have both tuners actively recording something I don't to see a 'spoiler' for!

Thanks,
    M

2. johnny99

johnny99 TivoHD

Nov 10, 2008
    I would like this feature, too.

3. nipster00

nipster00 Used Register

Feb 8, 2009
    it doesnt even have to be a screensaver..

if they could just make it so it doesnt go back to live tv at all, that would be nice too..

4. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    Live TV IS the screen saver.

If you don't want spoilers, watch something you have previously recorded.

5. ITGuy72

ITGuy72 New Member

Aug 10, 2005

Advertisements

robomeister, if you didn't like the suggestion, as I stated, this would be an OPTION and you could leave live TV as your screensaver if that's what you want.

Your suggestion implies that I should start watching a previous recording before going into the menus just so it doesn't happen if I get distracted and leave the menus up. Hardly intuitive.

6. nipster00

nipster00 Used Register

Feb 8, 2009
    You would think that it would be a matter of deleting code instead of adding in new code, to stop it from switching to live TV.

Or, am I wrong?

7. E94Allen

E94Allen New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    I much rather have screen saver active while the recorded program has been paused.

8. whttkrasst

whttkrasst New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    the desert
    I like the idea of having the option of turning on a screen saver as a choice, that would operate when:

Pausing a recorded show
    Leaving a menu active onscreen
    When the system is upgrading/updating - which can take well over an hour

The default could be the current behavior - dropping out of menus to Live TV. That's fine as default, but when images can be left onscreen for hours, there really should be a user-selectable screen saver option.

We shouldn't be trying to retrain users not to pause content - that seems silly. The reality is, we all get distracted, and this is not a difficult feature to implement compared to other stuff TiVo does for us.

9. davidblackledge

davidblackledge Registered l√úser

Sep 9, 2008
    NM
    As an HME programmer, I always wanted to have an option to mark one of my HME programs as the screensaver... so I could either have a custom screensaver, or play a game as the screensaver.