Scratching my head on strange Mini/Main guide discrepancies

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by hershey4, Apr 9, 2021.

1. hershey4

hershey4 Member

May 31, 2006
    Red Sox Nation

Advertisements

On my Premiere recently I went to record a new Abc show Rebel starting THursday 4/8. It wasn't in the guide. I could search for the show ok and I could create a one pass but there were no upcoming episodes. Bizarre. So I did a manual recording for 10-11pm ch 805. It claimed it was recording Greys Anatomy (which is on 9-10). But it was actually recording Rebel.

Then I went to the bedroom and put on the mini before going to sleep on that day. It happened to turn on to ch 805 and it said it was recording "Rebel"!! Isn't the mini working off the primary box???? THe Primary doesn't know about Rebel but the mini does???

I don't get it. So then I had an idea about how to set up my one pass. I created it from the Mini and it shows all the upcoming episodes and everything is good to go. I guess I'm all set but thought I would share this craziness if anyone has a thought.

p.s. no I don't want to do guided setup.:)

2. chiguy50

chiguy50 U.S. Army (ret.)

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    My first guess would be that your Mini had gotten a more recent TiVo server connection than the Premiere. Since this is a new network program, the guide in the Premiere was apparently not as up to date as the one in the Mini and thus did not reflect the correct listing. Your first troubleshooting step should have been to force a connection on the Premiere to see whether that rectified the error.

Rerunning guided setup should not be warranted in a situation such as this one.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. hershey4

hershey4 Member

May 31, 2006
    Red Sox Nation
    I thought there was a daily connection to the server, no? I started checking for the new show 2 weeks before the premiere date and it never showed up. Maybe I could have forced it. won't ever know. Even the day after the mini had been seen watching Rebel, the Premiere still didn't know about it. However, after I set the OnePass from the Mini, the premiere is now in sync. Just have to chalk it up to faulty software... why do I have Tivo, again? A friend asked me that recently. I no longer am sure what the answer is!! 15+ years ago, it was a no-brainer.