Sci Fi season pass

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dtivofan23, Aug 27, 2007.

1. dtivofan23

dtivofan23 TiVo addict

Nov 3, 2004

Advertisements

i am having some problems with my tivohd not picking up first runs of shows on the sci fi channel and court tv.

is this a common issue or is it that a new episode flag may be missing from these shows in the guide?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Which specific shows? It may well be guide data inadequacies - does the guide show specific airing dates and episode descriptions, or is the info just generic?

3. dtivofan23

dtivofan23 TiVo addict

Nov 3, 2004
    flash gordon ,eureka and a few shows from usa.

in the past with my directv tivo i had a few instaces but it seems this new tivohd
    is doing this alot.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Ask in the "Series 3" section and see if others are seeing this. It may be particular to the TiVoHD.

5. alansplace

alansplace ------ Alan ------

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...

Advertisements

i doubt that this helps you any but, my TiVo HD is recording both of those shows just fine using season passes.
    --
    Alan :D

6. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    Same here... TiVo HD, and I have SPs for both of those shows as well as The 4400 on USA, and all are recording just fine... I have them all set as first-run only, and am getting no repeats...

Could just be a guide data issue in the OPs market/area...

7. alansplace

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...
    duh, oh yeah! i forgot to mention that i am also successfully using season passes for both the 4400 and the dead zone on usa.
    --

8. Narf54321

Narf54321 New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    I don't know if this is applicable but I've found a nasty problem with my own S3.

If you re-do the Guided Setup routine, it breaks all of your existing season passes. They're still there, but they don't pick up any of your programs. You have to manually delete all your Season Passes and enter them all back in again.

9. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    I don't have this problem with the TiVo HD, as I've re-run guided setup a few times to help answer some questions people have brought up in these forums, and it never broke any of my SPs...

10. alansplace

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...
    that certainly didn't happen to me on either of my TiVo HDs. i didn't get cablecards until i'd been set up initially for a few days for analog cable only. after each cablecard install i reran guided setup and have had no trouble with any of the (over a dozen on each one) season passes i set up while waiting for the cablecard installs.

perhaps you changed providers when you reran guided setup. that's been known to cause problems with season passes created for the old provider on all types of TiVos, not just TiVo HDs.
    --