Sci-Fi Channel to Pick Up John Doe

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    "The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing 'John Doe', another dead series that premiered with cult hit Firefly. It features a man with no memory of who he is but, but somehow has infinite knowledge. With his gift, he solves crimes which are hinted through his monochromatic sight with color. The show will re-premiere Friday, Jan 20 at 9pm ET." It's raining new shows on Sci-Fi, apparently.

2. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    If you like story arcs, stay as far away from this as you can. The season finale cliff hanger is never explaned, since the show got cancelled.

3. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Not only that, but the producers explanation of what was going on was sooooo lame. I would have felt cheated at the end if it had got that far.

4. canonelan2

canonelan2 Imagineer

May 11, 2001
    Chicagoland
    The John Doe cancellation was yet another reason to say BURN IN HELL FOX!!

5. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    I was a huge fan of the show back in the day. So this news was very exciting to me...

until I watched it last friday.

the coolness of it was lets say luke warm now. and many things I thought made sense then didnt now... like how he walks into the bar and plays a few very simple notes and then is offered a job no questions asked. Or how the cops just kind of let him help them and dont ask how he knows these things he knows.

It was fun originally and I will continue to watch it on SCIFI for now I guess. That 6pm slot needs osmething good.

6. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    C'mon SciFi Channel - if you can resurrect this show, surely you can revive Firefly!

7. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Caught the pilot the other night. I'm intrigued.

8. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    The idea is fun, and initially its fun as he finds ways to do cool stuff with his knowledge. It does get a bit convuluted and unbelievable later and the ending is, well... uhhh...

9. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    I watched several episodes when they aired originally. NOT A FAN. I'll be honest, glad it got cancelled. :)

10. ccooperev

ccooperev TIVOSMITTEN

Apr 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL USA
    I didn't realize this was on a different network. I hadn't heard of it before seeing it on SciFi. I guess thats because I more or less ignore Fox.

11. twm01

twm01 Member

May 30, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    oh, please, please, please!

12. ant3eye

ant3eye Owns A TV

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    I thought John Doe was excellent at the time. Now I'm happy that it got canceled so that the Dominic Purcell could be in Prison Break.

But I never liked that Digger character.

13. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    We watched it when it first was on and really liked it until the last few episodes which completely didn't make any sense.

Emily

14. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Thought it started out interesting, but quickly lost interest and dropped it 5 or 6 episodes in.