Scheduling shows remotely and not getting HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Breadfan, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Breadfan

Breadfan Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Fort Smith, AR
    So I've been burned a few times now. I will find a show on Zap2it and click on the HD channel to record but it actually records from the SD channel.
    The last time I caught it in the website before I completed the scheduling and switched it back to the HD one.

Yesterday I used the TiVo iPad app yo schedule Grimm. I found it in upcoming shows. It shows both the HD and SD listings. I click on the HD one and it schedules the recording on the SD channel. Why is it doing this??
    On the iPad app there doesnt seem to be a way to change recording options.

2. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Tivo defaults to the lowest numbered channel when you ask it to record a show (as opposed to "a show on a channel") the easy solution is to remove the SD channels from your "Stations I receive" list, then Tivo won't record them (and you have a shorter, more manageable "Stations I receive" list)

3. Breadfan

Breadfan Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Fort Smith, AR
    You're saying to delete those channels from my TiVo in settings?
    This really doesn't make any sense. Why would it default to the lowest numbered channel? Especially when I specifically choose a higher-numbered channel.

4. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I know that when you set a wishlist suggestion that Tivo uses the lowest channel when recording it, my guess is that when scheduling via the ipad app something similar may happen.

And yes, you might as well delete the SD channels from your Tivo lineup, it makes for a more manageable channel list and you aren't going to be watching them that much anyway.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though the SD channels use WAAAAY less disk space.

6. takeshi

takeshi Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Doesn't seem to be the OP's primary concern here.