Scheduled Maintenance?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BuckeyeGuy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. BuckeyeGuy

BuckeyeGuy New Member

Apr 26, 2007

Advertisements

I was watching a Netflix watch instantly movie when all of the sudden it stopped playing and I got a screen that says "Scheduled Maintenance...Sorry! our systems are temporarily unavailable. We apologize of the inconvenience. Please check back later!"

For the past 45 minutes or so I get that message when I go into the Video on Demand section.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Just tried via Slingbox and getting the same message. BTW I don't believe for a second it's scheduled maintenance as who would schedule it during east coast prime time viewing? I speculate that's the fallback server when there are issues with the primary one(s).

3. BuckeyeGuy

BuckeyeGuy New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Thanks for checking. I just tried again and it is working again. Hopefully it stays up so I can get through my movie.

4. drcos

drcos HD where available

Jul 20, 2001
    Venice FL
    I'm glad it's working for you. Still "Scheduled Maintenance" here.

Never mind, it may be back up.

Nice to be able to watch TV shows that are NOT AVAILABLE on DVD yet (Seaquest 2032 for one).

5. nemein

nemein New Member

Jul 2, 2008

Advertisements

Not working here :( of course I was just having other problems w/ my box http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=417470 so I don't know if that's related or not...

Edit: What's kind of amusing though is the fact even though I can't access anything in the VoD section, one of the video program I'm subscribed too via there is d/l right now. Very unique maintenance issue they have going on there ;)

6. drcos

drcos HD where available

Jul 20, 2001
    Venice FL
    Back down again, was watching RTN, tried to go back to VOD, and 'scheduled maintenance':(:(:(

7. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I get the same thing, down for scheduled maintenance. If it was scheduled why is this is the first I've heard about it? No company takes their servers down in prime time for maintenance, if Tivo does they have a serious problem.

I absolutely deplore being lied to, if the damn thing is broke just say so.

8. Scaevola

Scaevola New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    amen

9. dmeleedy

dmeleedy New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    The VoD is still not working. I bet they don't fix it til the AM.

10. jgantert

jgantert Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbia, MD
    Same problem here, and its been down for a while now. Oh well. Hopefully they will get the reliability issues figured out.

11. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    For what its worth, The tivo search beta was acting wonky too. Really slow.

12. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio shaun

Jun 20, 2003
    zanesville,...
    yep mine is down too, same message here

13. kas25

kas25 Member

Mar 10, 2003
    NJ
    Both my Tivosearch and On Demand are frozen with the please wait message. Yesterday I got the scheduled maintenance message. Anyone still having issues. Don't really want to try a reset.

14. tom_maki

tom_maki New Member

May 26, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Last night I got the "Scheduled Maintenance" message, tonight I try to enter "On Demand" and it immediately returns to the main menu. I would try restarting but two shows are being recorded right now

15. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I get "Please Wait..." forever when I try to go to VOD from TiVo Central but no other messages. Same story following a reboot.

Looks like I'm getting the same issue with YouTube, by the way. Search Beta also.

16. horseradish

horseradish New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Same problem as the rest: "scheduled maint" message last night for Search Beta and VoD. Tonight, "sched maint" [Ha!] for Search and the never-ending "please wait" for VoD.

This is NOT the way to keep happy customers.

17. gla17624

gla17624 New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Dude, this is driving me nuts! It was saying this for me last night. It came back on today. Now it's back to saying "scheduled maintenance" again!

18. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Scheduled maintenance is just a generic message TiVo's servers use when they are down. It clearly isn't scheduled to be down :)

19. horseradish

horseradish New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    I've opened a case with TiVo support; apparently, the Level 2 support is aware of this, even though the L1 folks (who answer the calls) haven't heard too many complaints.

If you want this fixed faster, use your phone instead of your browser and take your case directly to TiVo.

20. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    Well since they scheduled the maintenance with us, what's the big deal?