Saving My Shows When Replacing my Premier with a new Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Ken Colby, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Ken Colby

Ken Colby New Member

Jul 9, 2020

Advertisements

I am about to replace my Tivo Premier with the new Tivo Bolt - vox and I don't know how to transfer the recordings in my shows on the Premier to the new Bolt. Is it possible? If so can anyone tell me how it's done?

Thank you.
    Ken

2. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Make sure both DVRs are on the same TiVo account, have active TiVo service, and are on the same network.

Use TiVo Online to initiate transfer of shows and One Passes between the DVRs.

3. Ken Colby

Ken Colby New Member

Jul 9, 2020
    Thank you.

4. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    Transfers usually don't work for me even between Bolts but maybe you'll have better luck?

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Transfer in blocks of 10 or so. A few seconds after you initiate the transfer and check the Bolt's TDL. Look for duplicates. Hit the Clear key to delete the dups. Also, on the Premiere, check the transfer rate at Network Settings, Troubleshooting, File Transfer History. That will give you an estimate of time needed. My Premiere usually peaks at 60Mbps. That works out to about 15 minutes for 1 hour of HD.

If the you are keeping the new Bolt on TE4, you may find some programs won't play past 10 minutes. That's a known bug but no posts lately, so maybe it's fixed.

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    And with TE4 there are still reports of issues with shows transferred but only playing the first 10 minutes (?) or so of the show so verify that your shows have transferred and play successfully beyond that point. The alternative would be to download the shows to a PC and then assuming TE4 on the new Bolt, use Plex to stream them back to the Bolt. (note that transfers or downloads are only possible if the shows are not copy-protected).

Scott