Saving Grace - "Keep Your Damn Wings Off My Nephew" 8-13-07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Surprised no one's posting episode threads....I liked this one...probably the best yet. We finally see some interaction between Earl and Cooley developing a story line. And the relationship between Grace and her brother was also moved a bit. And I knew Grace wouldn't go through the purple door....not this week anyhow.

2. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    We liked the first episode, kind of liked the second episode, and gave up after the third. I really wanted to like it, but we just couldn't get into it. I wonder if the lack of a thread is an indication of other folks having the same reaction?

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I'm hoping folks will give it a chance...stick with it...because I see it slowly developing.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm sticking with it, I love the damaged heroine approach, and I've enjoyed Holly Hunter.
    of the summer series, I rank it below Mad Men, but just above Damages.

I think when Saving Grace and Damages are done I'll look back and find I enjoyed the whole picture in Damages, but will have enjoyed each episode of Grace more individually.

Diane

5. blips

blips Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Bartlett, IL
    I like this show but I'm a sucker for shows with religious themes in every day life. I like Joan of Arcadia a lot too. I tried to pick this one up and Damages this summer but I still haven't watched the second Damages show yet.

6. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    I'm catching this series the second time around, and I'm really liking it. It's one of the few shows that I watch the day it's recorded.

I also liked Joan of Arcadia, if that means anything. I love the interaction between Grace and the various people in her life, and I'm looking forward to the development of the Bokeem Woodbine character.