Satellite connection question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Spiritflight, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Spiritflight

Spiritflight New Member

Jul 31, 2007

Advertisements

Please check my work before I start running cable...

Current setup- round Dual LNB dish. Outputs go to a 3x4 multiswitch (on the roof). The 18v and 13v sat inputs are used, the ANT input is not. Only two outputs are being used. These two cables go to another pass through later down the line (on the first floor wall) before going to two separate basic Directv boxes.

Would like to substitute a Hughes Tivo for one of the Directv boxes. My thinking is swap the multiswitch and the pass through, then run another RG6 from the multiswitch to the existing directv box, and replace said box with the Tivo.

Thanks for your help

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'm not sure what you mean by "pass through"? I suspect that is the grounding block. If so, leave it there. I'd remove the multiswitch from the roof (use F/F connectors to bypass), put it inside where the two lines come into the house. Then run up to four lines to your receivers.

3. Spiritflight

Spiritflight New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Yep, it is a grounding block, although it's not grounded to anything, so really it's just a fancy F/F connector. I would like to bring the multiswitch inside, but unfortuantely all of the wires on this house are run on the outside, through the walls, into the room. I guess you get what you pay for when someone does the installtion for you. :eek:

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Then move the multiswitch to where the two lines are located outside of the house at the grounding block. Then string more lines around the house from the relocated switch.