SAT-T60 & RMY809 remote problems

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by toivo, Jul 27, 2007.

1. toivo

toivo New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    As the story goes, my wife lost the original remote for my SAT T60 (yes she actually admitted it) After looking through the house for over 2 months, I have relented and got an almost new remote on e-bay. I am a very happy camer as it came today, but now I have a problem, the new remote will not run the TIVO. I never had a problem with the original remote, (although since it is gone, I can not actually verify the model number) The new remote looks just like the old one, and some research on the net tells me it is the correct one. I can program the remote to work the TV, but it will not control the TIVO. Everything was working when the remote was lost, the new remote looks to be the same one, WHY WON'T THE NEW REMOTE CONTROL THE TIVO ?? I have tried to clear the remote of stored codes, and did a factory reset on it, but still no-go. Anything else I can try?
    Thanks.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    That's the correct remote. Have you verified that the little switch on the side is in the correct position? Maybe that switch is broken?

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Try the following:

1. press and hold TIVO & PAUSE until the light remain on
    2. enter 1

If that doesn't work, 2 or 3.

4. toivo

toivo New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Edmund:
    Tivo, Pause and #3 WORKED!!!!!
    Thank you so much.

What is that weird special code for?

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You changed the remote address to 3 which is what that TiVo was set to.