Sarah Connor Chronicles: season finale will wrap things up ... sort of - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Mar 1, 2009 #1 of 16
    Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
  2. Mar 1, 2009 #2 of 16
    MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Glad to see it won't end with a cliffhanger at least. But I REALLY hope the show comes back... I still like it a lot and it's one of the few shows I watch.

I guess I could watch "Dollhouse" (have the 3 first episodes unseen still), but I bet that gets canceled soon too.

3. Mar 1, 2009 #3 of 16
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    With BSG ending soon, that opens up some space for my S3 on Friday nights...right now it's REALLY busy with Ghost Whisperer, FNL, Moonlight, T:TSCC, Dollhouse and BSG.

4. Mar 1, 2009 #4 of 16
    johnny99

johnny99 TivoHD

Nov 10, 2008
    I really enjoyed the Terminator movies (at least the first 2), but am kind of disappointed in this show. The whiny John Connor character is really boring and really gives us no insight into how he became the character in the movies. I'm glad they added some more adult characters to make some of the episodes more interesting, but the overall story arc still moves way to slowly. Sometimes I would skip a whole month of shows without really missing anything. This is supposed to be a story about the days before the end of the world as we know it. Why do the characters never have any sense of urgency?

5. Mar 2, 2009 #5 of 16
    Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA

Advertisements

BSG is one of those that's repeated. My TiVo usually just ends up recording the Friday @ midnight re-airing. *shrug*

6. Mar 2, 2009 #6 of 16
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Glad to see that there's going to be some resolution to the storyline, since the show is virtually assured of not getting renewed and the last several episodes have been really devoid of any good action. In fact, have we even seen Summernator do anything remotely "bad ass" in the last dozen episodes?

7. Mar 2, 2009 #7 of 16
    jking

jking Become who you are.

Mar 23, 2005
    Kentucky
    John's character probably bores you because they don't allow his character to develop in any significant way. This season-long 3 dots quest Sarah has been on has bored me to tears. I would love to see more focus on the other characters, whether it be John, Cameron, or whoever. I mean, I know it's her name on the show and all, but this season it's turned into "Sarah goes off on her own, gets in some kind of trouble or just needs backup, calls one of the other non-fleshed out characters to help, they go in guns blazing", rinse, repeat.

8. Mar 2, 2009 #8 of 16
    Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Agreed. I'd rather watch John and Cameron or John and Riley off on one of their little escapades than Sarah these days, who mostly just stares blankly at everything while waxing philosophically via narration.

9. Mar 2, 2009 #9 of 16
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Did you see T3? I think it is VERY underrated.

and wasn't Edward Furlong VERY whiny?

I'm not saying it's as good as the movies -- but I am saying that I think it's a pretty darn entertaining show. Maybe not even the best on TV right now, but I was originally hesitant because I thought they'd 'ruin' the Terminator franchise.

10. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    The show definitely needs more Cameron in bra/panties.

11. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    You seem to have the minority opinion on that movie. I thought it was maybe one notch above mediocre at best. John was completely miscast.

12. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    We've never met John Connor in any of the movies. At least, not the two movies that are canon as far as I'm concerned. We've never even heard him speak and we only briefly saw his face at the beginning of T2.

The third movie doesn't count as it should never have happened.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Ummm, maybe you're meaning someone else, but a roughly 12 year-old John Connor was one of the the central characters of T2.

He was played by Edward Furlong.

Edited to remove picture that didn't hotlink properly.

14. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    I meant an adult John Connor not an Anakin Skywalker version of him.

15. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Not in the least. His character was very streetwise and he was a pain in the ass, but he wasn't whiney.

This season HAS pretty much ruined the franchise.

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    No, I actually think most people didn't *see* T3 and just avoided it because "it sucks". I did that for a while, and then finally saw it.. it's good.