1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung One Remote to Operate TiVo Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jbroox, May 31, 2018.

1. jbroox

jbroox New Member

May 31, 2018
    Michigan
    I have a new Samsung TV, and during setup I selected my TiVo Roamio under the HDMI 1 input. Everything setup great, and to my surprise the Samsung One Remote actually operates my TiVo unit - Bonus! However, I can't find any information explaining the functions. I figured out some functions, but I'm thinking there's more there if I knew what to look for. It also appears that you can use voice commands, but I'm not having much luck getting them to work consistently. I'm guessing there must be some information somewhere, but my searches haven't turned anything up. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gilport

gilport New Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Austin, TX
    What model number did you enter when setting up the Samsung One remote? I have not had any luck on making mine work with the tivo.

ke3ju likes this.
  3. jbroox

jbroox New Member

May 31, 2018
    Michigan
    That Samsung TV was not working properly with my home theater system, so I took it back and bought a Sony TV instead. Sorry, I don't recall the code I used with my remote.

4. ke3ju

ke3ju Ed Ludwig

Jan 4, 2004
    Seminole, FL
    I can't get it working either. I even tried moving from hdmi 2 to hdmi 1 thinking maybe it had to be in the first port.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5. Kev1419

Kev1419 New Member

Aug 30, 2013
    I just figured this out on my 2018 Samsung Q9 TV ONE remote with Tivo Bolt...

1) Press Home
    2) Go to Source
    3) Open Universal Remote Option
    4) Select New Device
    5) Select Cable/Satellite Box
    6) Select TV Directly
    7) Enter Zip Code
    8) Select My service Provider is not listed
    9) Go up to Search for your service provider and Enter Tivo
    10) Select Tivo
    11) Select your HDMI Source you have Tivo plugged in
    12) Test the Channel Up/Down
    13) Press Yes if working

It works pretty nice for most basic Tivo navigation. Getting to the pause, 30 sec, fast forward, etc does take an extra click. No Tivo button but the back, and up/down/left/right are working great.

kpeters59, Mikeguy and ke3ju like this.
  6. ke3ju

ke3ju Ed Ludwig

Jan 4, 2004
    Seminole, FL
    I was pretty excited to try this. I'm guessing it doesn't work for me because Mini Vox has no CEC yet. It also broke the ARC connection to my Samsung Sound Bar. After 2 hours of fiddling, had to reset the TV and start from scratch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. ke3ju

ke3ju Ed Ludwig

Jan 4, 2004
    Seminole, FL
    I was never able to get my ARC connection back. Resorted to an optical cable.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk