S5 E2 of Better Call Saul a duplicate?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by DeltaOne, Feb 26, 2020.

1. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    I almost threw my TiVo out in the back yard yesterday. Sat down to watch S5 E2 of Better Call Saul and the recording was not there. Even though I verified it was in my to-do-list on Monday evening.

I checked history, and the TiVo thinks it was a duplicate and didn't record it. Argh!?!?!?

That puts me one step closer to ditching TiVo and getting an X1 box.

Then, to make matters worse, I install the AMC app on my Apple TV and figure I'll watch my show there. Only to find that their "verify" system is broken. Tried to pass the verify on my Mac in Safari and Chrome, on my iPad and on my iPhone. No go.

BTW, where does Xfinity get their guide data? I'm hoping it's not TiVo/Rovi...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    My TiVo recorded it

3. powrcow

powrcow Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Mine also recorded it, but I have the West coast feed.

4. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Thankfully it repeats a lot so you should be able to find a repeat airing and manually record it.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Ditto and ditto. Actually, seeing this thread I checked 'My Shows' and didn't even realize that I now have two episodes of the show. d'oh! Gotta catch up. :oops:

6. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Yeah. I think I have it scheduled for something like Saturday at 3 am? And they probably repeat it next Sunday night, before episode 3.

Interesting that some people did have it record normally. We all have the same guide data right? Maybe I need to run that "clear program data and to do list" procedure to get a fresh start.

Thanks, all, for responding.

7. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The guide data may be the same, but who knows with TiVo/Rovi data these days. I've seen it go multiple ways on different days. (Sometimes they get combined so two episodes get merged into one which causes problems when they show up as two separate episodes later on in the week, etc).

It also depends on your tuner availability - the programs start at odd times and go for odd lengths so they cause a lot of conflict and overlap.