S4E to do list > recoring history... hack question.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVo_Fanatic, Feb 2, 2012.

1. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Is there any way to "hack" the S4E to have it's Recording History to show only items that will not record to to schedule conflicts / space issues. I could do without the items i nthe thousands that will not record because it's already aired.

I deally I would like to see something that breaks it in to three lists.

1) Show items that wont record due to space.
    2) Show items that wont record due to conflicts with time.
    3) Show items that wont record due to already being aired (This one never made a lot of damn sense to me, who in the hell would care what's not going to record because it's already been aired ?)

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Not that I'm aware of. I agree it would be nice to have some sort of grouping/filtering feature on that screen. I have some ARWLs for kids shows that fill up the recording history pretty fast and it's a pain to scroll through all of that.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I presume you really mean "because it's been in your now playing list within the past 28 days" or whatever it actually says.

I think that's there for people who record new & reruns, and don't realize that it won't record EVERYTHING unless you say record all.

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would just like the recording conflicts to show in the To Do List and have the option then to change the priority for that one showing. That is the way my Cox DVR works in showing conflicts.

5. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Thx for the replies guys but ya, some sort of managament on the Recording History would be awesome. As far as I'm concrned, all I would like to view is conflicts due to space (which is not an issue right now since I still have over 2550 SD recording hrs) and those due to conflicts in time (higher priority programs).

6. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Orangeboy at one point was working on something, but got busy with work and then a move so no idea if he will ever go back.

KMTTG has some functionality in it that might be helpful.

7. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    I have advocated on multiple occasions that they just color code the entries in that list .. Something like ...

Bright Red - Not recording due to conflict.
    Green - Repeat
    Purple - 28 day rule

and so forth .. it would save so much time and draw more attention to a possible missed recording ...

8. TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    That's actually a decent idea... I just wish something could actually be done to sort this damn list. A lot of hacks might be hard for some people to implement but this is one I would work my a** off for.