S3HD suddenly cannot see Wireless N

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Edge x 4, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Edge x 4

Edge x 4 Member

Jul 14, 2018
    After over a year of working flawlessly, my recent attempt to download the program guide failed with the message "Network connection unsuccessful - No network adaptor (N01).
    I use a network connection through my laptop (ATT Beam) It connects to the N every time.
    How can I fix this?

I tried:
    rebooting Tivo - no change
    unplugging/replugging N adaptor - no change

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    have you tried a known good wireless adapter?

3. Edge x 4

Edge x 4 Member

Jul 14, 2018
    No, I have not. The N seems to be functional all the usual leds working. It activated in my laptop. Meanwhile I used an ethernet cable connected to my laptop to download the program guide so I think I may just stay with that for now. Whatever works.

4. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    So you hard wired the tivo to the ethernet cable; probably best.

I had 2 tivos and a computer connected to internet over wireless for years until they wouldn't... all non mobile devices in use now are hard wired.

5. Edge x 4

Edge x 4 Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Yeah, I'm a believer in hard wiring myself. In fact I only gave up the phone connection when Tivo forced it on me. In the panic to reconnect I went with the silly N adaptor, forgetting I had the ethernet capability all the while. As long as this laptop with the ethernet input works I'm good.

6. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Uh, isn't the whole point of your post that is is NOT working?

7. Edge x 4

Edge x 4 Member

Jul 14, 2018
    I sus
    I suspect the N adaptor is faulty but I have not way to check it. I'm ok with the hardwired solution at this point.