S3 Strange Behavior

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Tropic, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Tropic

Tropic New Member

Sep 18, 2006

Advertisements

I was watching channel 6 (abc) while it was recording a program and towards the end the S3 started to jump to channel 7 (QVC) by itself and kept going back an forth with static in the picture and in the sound. It is hard to explain exactly, but that is the best I can describe it. The recording was also stopped when it returned to channel 6. It then did it again a couple minutes later. Has anyone ever seen this before? Some info that may help, I am on Comcast in the Philadelphia area.

Thanks.

2. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    Were you sitting on the remote? :D

Honestly though, other than rogue IR commands being received, I don't have a clue. Have you tried rebooting the unit? I'm told that that will fix most TiVo problems.

3. wtkflhn

wtkflhn Member

May 12, 2006
    Metairie, La

Yes! And to that I would also try to power the unit down, and power back up and see if that fixes it. I recently had about a 45 min power failure. When the box first came back up, it was OK. About 30 min into a program, the remote control stop functioning. I have 2 remotes, so I tried the 2nd, and neither would work unless I got right up on the unit, About 6 in from the front of the box. I used the restart comand and in didn't help. Fearing the worst, I called TIVO tech support. The tech told me to power cycle the unit, and thankfully, it cleared the trouble.

Don H.

4. Tropic

Tropic New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    If it continues to happen, I will reboot it. I don't think that it was IR commands however only because of the static in the picture and sound and the fact that it stopped recording altogether. It was just some weird behavior that hopefully does not come back.