S3 OTA guide problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bbwebb, Sep 19, 2006.

1. bbwebb

bbwebb New Member

May 1, 2002
    Winchester, VA

Advertisements

My S3 is up and running with 2 Cable Cards and an OTA antenna. Everything is working great except for the fact that I'm missing a handful of my OTA HD stations as being available to me. If I do a channel scan they show up and the signal strength is fine, but if I add them to my "Channels you Receive" list I never get the actual guide information for them.

If it helps I live in Winchester, VA (22601) and the channels that I'm missing are:

4-1 Washington DC NBC affiliate
    5-1 Washington DC FOX affiliate
    50-1 Washington DC WB/CW affiliate

Is there anyway that I can manually map the channels to a specific stations guide information?

Thanks
    Bill

2. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Maybe you should put in a line-up service request on tivo.com, they might not have the correct information?

3. Shawn95GT

Shawn95GT Tivo, in HD!

Oct 7, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Are these channels in your normal DMA, or do you get NBC etc via a VA affiliate as well?

I assume you get both. They probably just need to add that guide data to what might be seen from your zip.

4. bbwebb

bbwebb New Member

May 1, 2002
    Winchester, VA
    The washington affiliates are my local stations. I'll put a request in at tivo.com, I wasn't aware that they had such an option.

Thanks
    Bill

5. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area

Advertisements

Perhaps try a different area code to see if it makes a difference? Try 20016, 22205, 22207, or 22213.

6. Spiff

Spiff Pawn in game of life

Mar 1, 2004
    Fox Cities,...
    I was under the impression that you couldn't use OTA with Cable cards.