S3 on endless reboot loop! Please help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dtphonehome, Aug 27, 2007.

1. dtphonehome

dtphonehome Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched and couldn't find an answer...please point me in the right direction if this was already posted!

My S3 froze today, and I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The "Welcome! Powering Up..." screen came on and stayed on. So, I tried unplugging/replugging again. Same screen. Now, when I leave the Tivo plugged in, the Tivo powers off, then on, then the same screen comes up until it powers off. This continues indefinitely. I tried to do Kickstart 57, but I haven't been able to get it to work (the Tivo ignores the remote commands it seems, and eventually just reboots).

Any ideas before I call Tivo and lose all my shows (on the Tivo and external drive)?

EDIT: So, Tivo is exchanging the unit for me. Now, to prevent this from happening again, should I get rid of my FreeAgent Pro eSATA drive and replace it with a DB35 and Antec MX-1? Or do you think it's not likely related to the external HD, and it was the internal HD that flaked out on its own?

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    I think there are several threads in the S3 forum here. You might want to browse over there for more info.

It almost sounds like you got a bad update and the TiVo can't restore itself.

Good luck.