S3 now listed at Circuit City for Oct release

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Bierboy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    It's in their online catalog. No price listed.

2. jeffrypennock

jeffrypennock Member

May 18, 2006
    New York
    Hmmm. It's kind of there. Your link works, for sure. But if you go to CircuitCity.com and then search for TiVo Products in the search field or if you select TV/Video and then TiVo from their menus at the top, you won't see the S3 (yet). You have to specifically launch their catalog and then navigate to it through that.

I would say that makes them the first vendor to post the S3 but they're not taking pre-orders and they make it hard to find.

I'm surprised that Best Buy has nothing online yet, if the rumors about a 9/17 sale date are true or if the rumors about them having any kind exclusivity for a couple weeks of S3 sales (besides TiVo.com sales) are true. It makes me wonder if these rumors are true.

Thanks for posting this, Beirboy.

3. stantonl

stantonl New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Eagle River, Ak
    Thanks for the info. I wish we had a Circuit City up here in Alaska.

4. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    With BB having an apparent two-week S3 exclusive, it makes sense that CC lists it with an October avail.

5. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    I've heard that a couple times now. Why is it apparent and where is this information coming from? It is depressing if true.

6. jeffrypennock

jeffrypennock Member

May 18, 2006
    New York
    I know when I first read it but I don't know if it's true or not. I started a new thread to try and pin the 2wk thing down, and the 9/12 and 9/17 dates. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=315522

7. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    My statement (in true rumor fashion) merely restated what I'd read in other threads. It may or may not be true. I certainly hope it's NOT true. Take it for what it's worth....not much. As an early adopter, I would personally prefer to pay full (or near) retail straight to TiVo rather than go through any other outlet (online or retail).

8. bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    I see the model number is TCD648250B. I don't know if that's been announced before.

9. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Yep, we learned that from the Cable Labs certification. The box at CES was TCD648250. Then the first CL cert was for the TCD648250A. And later the TCD648250B showed up on the list. So it looks like there have been a couple of minor changes.