S3 not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mclaugh, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mclaugh

mclaugh New Member

Jun 25, 2002

Advertisements

I noticed the other day that my S3 seemed to stop recording Tivo Suggestions. Thinking it was an S3 glitch, I deleted a bunch of them and generally forgot about it.
    Came home tonight, and my wife said "shouldn't it be recording American Idol tonight"? Went into my Season Pass Manager, and it showed that many shows had no upcoming episodes- but there are (checked American Idol, My Name is Earl, The Office, etc). All of these are Season Passes that should show up w/ episodes in my To Do Manager.
    I have an S3 w/ 2 Cablecards, FIOS TV. I've been a Tivo owner since S1, and this S3 replaced an S2.
    I checked, and my Tivo shows that it's connecting daily to get new data. I tried to force an update to 8.1 just now, but it didn't grab it. I searched through this forum, but didn't see anyone having a problem like this.
    Anyone have ideas as to what's wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jgsx

jgsx New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Mine recently started doing the same thing! I have Insight Cable. I also have a Weakness 750GB drive upgrade. I have tried restaring the tivo and it didn't do anything. Some days it just records NOTHING! If I go in an tell it to manually record a show, it works, but my season passes and suggestions don't work.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    What does the "Recording History" say is the reason they didn't record?

It is at the top of the "To Do List".

phox

4. mclaugh

mclaugh New Member

Jun 25, 2002

Advertisements

Thanks for the links- don't know how I missed that when searching.
    It took a while to go through the entire Season Pass Manager, but when I was done, my ToDo List looked the way it should.
    I still have 8.01, so it wasn't a hardware update that fixed it.