S3 Lifetime Xfer/S2 1yr prepaid - Heads up!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bluetex, Oct 7, 2007.

1. bluetex

bluetex Wha?

Apr 23, 2005
    Houston, TX

Advertisements

For those people who jumped on the Series3 bandwagon this time last year and transferred lifetime service from your Series2 -- HEADS UP!

I just got my Credit Card Statement for end of September and low-n-behold there's a TiVo Monthly charge (which I'd expected) as I'm now done with my 1-yr prepaid on the S2 which I'd transferred Lifetime from to apply it on the S3. What alarmed me was it was for full price $13/mo.

I say all that to bring it up that you will have to call TiVo and ASK for the Multi-Service Discount. It's not TiVo's policy to automatically apply that to 1-yr prepay plans which convert to "monthly".

Instead they usually only apply that when you activate "new" services and you already have a Prepaid, Monthly, or Lifetime system.

So, you can either cancel at the end of your 1-yr prepay, then call back and activate the TiVo on Monthly Multi-Serivce Discount, or you can call Tivo up... wait your 30 minutes on hold, talk to a lvl 1 person, ask for a manager, then ask them to apply the MSD to your second/third/fourth TiVo rather than paying full price.

Looks like this has been discussed here already. Sorry, I looked but didn't find it until too late :)