S3 freezing on tivo central

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by scott816, Dec 6, 2006.

1. scott816

scott816 New Member

Feb 6, 2005

Advertisements

My S3 is freezing when trying to switch categories on the tivo central screen, actually it does it even when i try to change channels or adjust volume. I also am getting a grey screen when trying to view HDTV. When sending a command to the S3 via the remote a little light flashes on the front panel however with this problem i get nothing. Anyone else seeing similar problems?

-Thursday-i talked to a Tivo rep about this issue and they told me that this appears to be an issue with the software B push for the series3. They have informed me that the new software update should fix it, however they have no clue when that is being released. I asked for a monthly credit since i can't use the series 3 for the time being and they informed that that was not possible. Not possible? What the hell? i have to pay for the service when the service is what broke my Tivo? I want a freaking credit to my account! What if this update doesn't roll out for 2 months? I have a large costly paperweight that is automatically charging me monthly to stare at it s pretty lights!

2. scott816

scott816 New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    updated

3. plink

plink New Member

Nov 23, 2006
    Seattle
    Do you (or anyone) see the clock time refresh slowdown as well when you see this slowdown/freezing happen? Also, when I experience these symptoms, occasionally the Tivo sound effect resulting from a remote button push will loop endlessly...

When my S3 gets in this state, the only solution is to pull the AC cord and reboot, and sometimes it will hang while booting back up.

I am wondering whether what I am seeing are known issues to the Tivo engineers and are in fact going to be fixed with the next sofware push or whether I need to return the unit while I can! :confused:

4. scott816

scott816 New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Pulling th AC cord on my Tivo doesn't resolve anything. My problem is constant and has rendered my Tivo useless. I would call Tivo concerning your problems. When i called i was asked if i was calling about a series 3. I answered yes and then almost immediately was put through to a rep. I had very little wait time. I got the impression that S3 owners might get a little VIP treatment.