S3 first run season pass recording repeats??

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Gil, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Gil

Gil New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Hi, I've had my S3 for about a month now. It's the latest in a long Tivo relationship, from my 7-year old S1 through SD DTV boxes and most recently 2 HR10-250's so I thought I knew all the software quirks (though I only had a Humax with the S2 code for a few months.) But this one appears to be new with this box. When I set up a season pass and specify "first run only", the ToDo list is immediately populated with all episodes, including those clearly indicated as repeats. After some period of time, the list is refreshed and these episodes are removed. But depending on how quickly this clean-up routine runs, the S3 may have already recorded one or more repeats. It's not a guide issue as in every case the program info and details are correct. Easy to recreate - happens every time I add a season pass for one of the network shows in summer reruns that I want to have ready for fall. Burst of all episodes in the guide show up in ToDo and then several hours later will be removed... Just different than I experienced with other versions. Anyone else see this?

So much TV, so little time...