S2G Warning

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tampa Dave, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Tampa Dave

Tampa Dave New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Warning: these guys are really bad.
    - Only one phone option prompt works. The others hang up on you. You can't talk with anyone unless you punch in your credit card for $20. Not a problem for a new caller, but when you are just checking on the overdue status of a repair for the fifth time, it gets kind of annoying.
    - The agent told me the reason the HDD failed was the fan came loose and hit the drive (no, but thanks anyway).
    - Three different people assured me they would return my repaired unit and send the failed drive. The unit arrived, but no drive. (The broken drive was still under warranty.)
    - The web site tracking system is totally useless. So is email reply.
    - I sent them a system with a 120G HDD. They said "sure we'll fix it" but it'll cost $149 since the drive was so large. Then they returned a system with two 40G drives. Who the heck wants a two drive system with 80G total? (Hopefully everyone realizes that the probability of failure due to hard drive issues is twice as high on a two drive system as a single drive system.) I've had 3 TiVo failures in 5 years -- all due to the hard drives.
    - Anyway, S2G is a really incompetent company. Only use them as a last resort.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You needed to spell out what S2G is. I did a Google search and I guess you are referring to the repair company. Which I had never heard of. :)

BTW, what did you send for repair?

Why didn't you come here for advice first?

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    yep. too bad. there are several companies known in here that are entirely reputable.

S2G totally ripped you off. I lost count of the items I would put in a civil suit to try and get my money back