S2 Tivo and no tv picture

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Stormydog, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Stormydog

Stormydog Member

Oct 13, 2010
    My Pioneer DVD recordable S2 Tivo unit has always performed flawlessly. Now when I turn it on, I get the channel guide, can change channels via IR blaster and get sound from the cable channel I select. But I get no picture. Using Comcast digital signals.

I have reset Tivo several times and nothing changed. Has onyone had a problem with being able to get tv channel sound and no video? Any solutions.

I doubt unplugging/plugging is any different than using Tivo menu option. Will try that as last resort.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Do you get a picture if you feed the cable box directly to the TV? I have also seen this if you tune a non-HD cable box to an HD channel. Sound, but no video.

3. Stormydog

Stormydog Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I can view already recorded programs, so there should be nothing wrong with video except maybe hook ups. I double checked audio, video cable hookups between TV and S2. All ok. I unplugged HDMI and plugged in. I reset S2 via setup menu. I pulled plug on S2, no changes.

Finally I thought I would reset the DTA (digital Transport Adapter) supplied by Comcast for viewing digital channels and that was what was needed. I now get my video again.

Thanks for your suggestions and taking the time to reply. Case solved.

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Always suspect the cable company first.:rolleyes: