S2 no program data despite successful connection

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pjhartman, Nov 6, 2007.

1. pjhartman

pjhartman excitable boy

Jan 21, 2002
    Omaha, NE

Advertisements

I moved an S2 unit to a new location in the house, after having run the "Delete program information & data" option. So, it needed to get program data all over again. It connected (wired adapter), downloaded, did its thing overnight, but this morning is still saying that it has no program data. Software version 9.1

Any ideas? Do I need to rerun Guided Setup? Or am I going to need to Clear & Delete Everything and start from square 1?

Thanks in advance,

PJ

2. Doh

Doh Well-Known Member

May 18, 2001
    If you just need guide data you could start just by forcing another network connection (I think that is system information > network settings > connect now) to see if that gets program info.

3. pjhartman

pjhartman excitable boy

Jan 21, 2002
    Omaha, NE
    I did that this morning, but the connection only went for about a minute, then the loading took another minute before completion, so it didn't download, load, and index two weeks' worth of data.

I'll have a look at it when I get home today.

4. Doh

Doh Well-Known Member

May 18, 2001
    Sorry, not sure what is causing that. I guess I'd try rerunning guided setup again, but that's not based on much. Good luck!

5. pjhartman

pjhartman excitable boy

Jan 21, 2002
    Omaha, NE

Advertisements

Update: The situation seems to have resolved itself without further action on my part. Around 11:40 yesterday the S2 started recording the SPs that I had requested online, and has been chugging since. I'm note sure what "woke it" to its tasks, but I'm just happy it's going.

Thanks for all input.