S2 Controling HR-10

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Satellite Guy, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Satellite Guy

Satellite Guy New Member

Jul 12, 2006

Advertisements

Just added an S2 to my collection, I'd like it to control my HR-10, however the IR Codes don't work. Does anybody no an alternate code I can manually enter?

Thanks in advance, SG

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    HR-10 is already a TiVo.

Are you sure of the model #?

phox

3. Satellite Guy

Satellite Guy New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Yeah, I have my house set-up with modulators so, my DVD, Tivo's & PC can be viewed on any TV. I don't want to install another mod, I was just going to piggy back the units.

4. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Theres really no need to do it.

The HR10'2 are a Dual Tuner, the Series 2 Tivo is a single Tuner. So even if you could control the HR10 with the Tivo, you would effectively loose One Tuner of the HR10.

Why?

5. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002

Advertisements

S2 what? If it's a DirecTivo series 2 model then it also has dual tuners.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    This question about having one DVR controlling another is being asked often. If you give it some real thought you'll realize that it is counterproductive. As wolflord11 said, you end up losing functionality.

7. Satellite Guy

Satellite Guy New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    My HR-10 handels the Satellite & ATSC O/A signals, my new Series 2 is a dual tuner and handels the Cable and SD O/A. I don't lose any functionality, I can record four shows at once from a combination of sources. I would like the S2 to control the HR-10 to simplify my channell surfing. As I stated earlier I have my units on modulators and didn't want to buy another one.

8. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The real answer is that TiVos are not capable of changing channels on other TiVos.

9. Satellite Guy

Satellite Guy New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Thank you, that's what I was afraid of. The only code I really need was just to change the channel, anyway of tricking the box with a different manufactures code?

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I doubt it.

Also, your original thread implied that you wanted the S2 to totally control the HR10.

I suggest that you invest in a good universal remote, such as a Harmony.