S1E1 New Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DavidTigerFan, Sep 27, 2018.

1. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC

Advertisements

Wow, no thread yet. Doesn't bode well. I liked it. I'm always a sucker for "lets do things the right way" medical dramas.

2. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I liked it better than I thought I would, so we'll go another week.

3. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I thought it was fine. I like a good medical drama - still totally addicted to Grey's Anatomy and I'm watching Chicago Med and trying to get caught up on The Resident. I hated the Good Doctor.

But it's not "must see tv" - it's just a show so far.

super dave likes this.
  4. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    What was your opinion on Code Black, or Pure Genius?

5. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas

Advertisements

I've never seen Code Black - barely heard of it and didn't realize what it was about - but now having googled it, I might need to binge it :)

I liked Pure Genius - I think I saw the whole season. But it's not coming back is it?

6. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I thought they telegraphed some of the subplots pretty strongly, like the new department head who won't date white women.

7. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I liked it. It had a good beat and was easy to dance to.

Tony_T likes this.
  8. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Better than expected.
    I'll give it a go.

9. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    I liked it but, having worked for a public hospital, where do you find (and afford) a rock star oncologist who spends more time rubbing elbows with the rich and famous than actually practicing medicine?

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought it was just OK. Seemed like a typical hospital drama. The characters were a bit less than compelling. But it showed some promise of being interesting and it's a medical drama that DOESN'T take place in Chicago. Imagine that? One thing that bugged me just a little. The lead character is shown jogging over the Brooklyn Bridge and like 2 minutes later, he's at the UN and the hospital. Ummm, no, that could not happen. But whatever.

11. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I liked it, but I pretty much like most medical/cop/law dramas. Although I did not like Pure Genius (lasted 1 ep) or Code Black (lasted maybe 3-4 before I just decided to delete it :)).

12. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Was he actually at the UN? I thought they were just going back and forth between him and the UN scene, although somehow I managed to miss that it was the UN... I thought the whole opening was a little confusing, like I thought the lady who was "dead" was part of the CO poisoning group, too.

13. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    I get the impression she was already working there and then became famous enough to go on speaking tours and raise awareness of the hospital. But then again I wasn’t planning on watching this but saw it was being rerun Friday night so figured I’d check it out. So I wasn’t paying close attention.

14. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I liked it. I pretty much like all medical shows. Well I guess except Animal Practice, but that wasn't really a medical show, just an awful show :)

15. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i had only set a manual recording, but it ended up being much better than expected, so i created a 1p after watching the pilot. it has potential, so i'm willing to see how it goes.

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I liked it also. I didn't think it was as predictable as some of you...
    I've liked Freema Agyeman since Doctor Who so I was happy to see her in an American show.

dfreybur and Tony_T like this.