S1 Philips Tivo w/Lifetime Sub sold on Ebay - results

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by creativepart, Jul 20, 2007.

1. creativepart

creativepart New Member

May 7, 2007
    A couple of weeks ago I posted asking what a I should do with an unused Tivo S1 with Lifetime Subscription. (RECAP: I had 3 S1 Tivos, one was a warranty return that was never used or powered up -- all 3 had Lifetime Subs. I took the transfer offer on the two Tivos in use.)

Folks here suggested selling on Ebay while the transfer offer was still active.

I wanted to report back on the results of this Ebay auction. I ran a 5 day auction with a $155 Buy it Now price and $100 reserve. The unit went to $105 the first day and this automatically removed the BIN. I had 40 or 50 "watchers" and 3 or 4 email requests until it sold yesterday at the end of the Auction for $183 (+$20 shipping).

So, now you all know what an unused S1 is worth with a Lifetime Sub -- at least in this one sale and at this exact time.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Wow, that's REALLY low... unless someone really just wanted to use it to get a S2DT.. still then the total cost is fairly expensive..

3. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    This is a very typical selling price for lifetime series one TiVos for the past year, and had nothing to do with the limited transfer offer.

4. EJ

EJ New Member

Nov 3, 1999
    Minot, ND
    Did it have a larger hard drive?

5. BadOleRoss

BadOleRoss New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    A few weeks ago I purchased a 2nd S-1 with a lifetime membership off Ebay and paid about $200. That seems to be a pretty consistant price. A day or so ago we had a power surge in the house that has fried both modems on my S-1 Tivos.....looking into a repair or upgrade now!

6. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Not a bad price for the buyer if they were looking at the upcoming Series 3 Lite or "Tivo HD" upgrade.

$183 plus $20 Shipping to get Lifetime for a Series 3, and then a spare Series 1 Box, or maybe resell the Box for a small amount.