S1 not processing guide info after being off

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Hichhiker, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Hichhiker

Hichhiker Just me.

Apr 21, 2002
    Ok, my parents have my old Sony S1 box. It's got a lifetime service on it and they are happy with it. But they left for 3 weeks and unplugged the tivo. When they came back, the box no longer was able to connect to the service provider to get guide data. We changed the phone number, and now it happily spends 40+ minutes to download the data, then spends a few hours processing it.... and then fails. Now, it looks like it is loading the data as there is at least 11 days of TV guide data, but the fact that it fails at the end of each load is worrysome. Any ideas as to what can be done to fix it?

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    I'd let it go for a while and see what happens. If it has 11 days the next download will be much smaller and may complete properly. If all else fails you can try running Clear Program Info and ToDo List from the reset menu. That will wipe out the entire guide database and start over from scratch.

3. Hichhiker

Hichhiker Just me.

Apr 21, 2002
    Thanks, that is what I figured. I had them mark when the last entry is, will check again in a day or two to see if it changed