S03 error, then duplicate season passes

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Wandering_Burr, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Wandering_Burr

Wandering_Burr New Member

Feb 27, 2003

Advertisements

[I posted this to the Help Center last week but got no replies. Tivo hasn't gotten back to me either. Am cross posting here-hope that is ok.]

I have a Tivo HD on Time Warner cable using an MCard and an external Tuning Adapter. It remains connected to the internet 24/7 so should be on the latest software release.

I have had a recurring problem that I hope someone can help with. Each 4-6 months the Tivo stops loading data with an S03 error. I have tried Kickstart 57 and 58 without improvement. I have pulled the hard drive and run manufacturer diagnostics without any problems reported. I am now on my third new drive and still get the issue-so I don't think it is drive related.

What I have found to fix it is to select the Clear Program data and ToDo list. But the fix is not whole. After selecting this option my Season Pass list is still populated-but all of the shows claim no upcoming episodes. So I have to manually remove all of the passes and recreate them. At this point recordings work again-but every one of the season passes treats new recordings as a new show. So if I have a folder of 'Sesame Street' episodes from before the S03 error after clearing passes, manually removing all shows from the Season Pass list, recreating my Season Pass list, I get a second folder called 'Sesame Street'.

I'm open to third party software to align XML if need be but know nothing about that (yet).

Any help is appreciated.

2. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Duplicate posting isn't going to help you find an answer

3. Susiemw

Susiemw Member

Sep 9, 2002
    Indiana
    Did you find an answer to this problem?

4. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    The problem is Garbage Collection (GC) cannot complete with the added load of the tuning adapter.
    This is more of a problem for those of us with larger than stock HDD or external HDD.
    Solution:
    After clearing the SO3 error.
    Put the tuning adapter on a timer.
    Turn the power off to the tuning adapter for 4 hours, daily, bi-daily or weekly.

5. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005

Advertisements

I wonder why TiVo never fixed this problem with a update?

I have no problems with my TiVo hd since its hooked to a tv antenna now

6. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Maybe the cable company supplied TA does something to the TiVo that they can't track down or can't re-engineer around.

And of course the cable company isn't going to want to help them solve the problem, they want people to rent cable boxes and DVRs from them.

7. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Tootal,
    My S3 never had the problem until tuning adapter was added.
    It has not had the problem since I added a power off timer to the t/a.

The S3 is dead to TiVo far as updates, for this type of problem.