S03 Error on Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoeyS, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Oct 9, 2019 #1 of 10
    JoeyS

JoeyS Member

Jul 12, 2017

Advertisements

I pulled a series 3 with lifetime out of a closet to set it up on a spare TV. It worked fine when I put it away about a year ago.It has lifetime on it and it connects to the service but when it tries to load info it hangs. I did a Kickstart 57 successfully but it restated and hangs at the same spot as before when it tries to load the downloaded info.

There is no way I can see to get it to reboot and do a clean and reset everything. It just reboots and hangs at the same fail to load point. There is no gong ahead or back, just try again and it hangs again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Oct 9, 2019 #2 of 10
    DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Let it sit powered up and network connected for several days. It should eventfully load the guide info successfully.

I get the S03 error on my TiVo HD if I leave it powered down for too long.

3. Oct 9, 2019 #3 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Error S03 happens when there is too much old guide data to clear out and it just times out.

DO NOT run Guided Setup until the error clears out and when it has made several Tivo service connections.
    If you do Guided Setup while this is happening, it will get stuck, and can't back out, only forward.

4. Oct 9, 2019 #4 of 10
    JoeyS

JoeyS Member

Jul 12, 2017
    I can't do anything. It connects, downloads, tries to load data, then fails.

The only option is to try again

5. Oct 9, 2019 #5 of 10
    ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

The only other option is to use another image for that model.

6. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

If you plug it in with no Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi adapter connected, can you get as far as TiVo Central?

Does it even get to the "Just a few more minutes" screen?

7. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Series 3 and below does not require constant internet access for full operation.

8. JoeyS

JoeyS Member

Jul 12, 2017
    No matter how I boot the machine, it ALWAYS boots to THIS screen. It will NOT let me do ANYTHING other than proceed with guided setup. It connects, downloads the data, loads the data, then fails and says try again and it ALWAYS goes to this screen. I tried booting with cables attached, withOUT cables attached and even did a successful Kickstart 57. It ALLWAYS boots to this screen. And YES it does go through the normal powering up screen and Just a few minutes more screens. tivo2222.jpg

9. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    You might try using zip code 00000 and choose one of the TiVo test lineups. Once you get it through Guided Setup and let any pending software updates happen it should be able to handle your correct lineup.

10. JoeyS

JoeyS Member

Jul 12, 2017
    I just tried your suggestion. I set the zip code to 00000. It connected, did the download, then failed again when it tried to load the data. Same error S03. Then returned to the same scree as shown above.