S-P-S-9-S Code No Longer Works (Clock & Run Time)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bracoh, Jan 7, 2012.

1. bracoh

bracoh New Member

Jan 8, 2003
    San Diego
    Since the select button now brings up different menus I can't get the clock back in the corner. Anyone know of a new code?

Thanks

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
  3. bracoh

bracoh New Member

Jan 8, 2003
    San Diego
    Jeez, now it's dead center and it doesn't look like I can change it. That blows! Thanks for the link though.

4. gteague

gteague golftango

Apr 1, 2007
    dfw (euless)
    the sps9s (clock) and sps30s (quick advance) still work with my new elite. issue them while playing a recording. if i issue the quick advance sequence (it 'blips' past 30 seconds as opposed to the new elite way of staggering the advance in 3x10s increments) it will un-toggle the rewind/advance settings in the menu and these will have to be reset to your tastes.

i am glad to have the clock back, but it still sometimes conflicts with closed captions and the sequence has to be re-issued periodically. i use the sd menus so i haven't noticed if it even works with the new hd ones.

the sps=s (where = is the pause key) which compels the time bar at the bottom of the screen to disappear quickly) is more problematical as you have to find a show that shows ads when you pause. with my old s3 you had to do this while playing a recorded show, but i've recently found the fox news has the ads pretty consistently and the sequence works while watching live tv, but it throws me off into some spanish channel when it completes for some reason.

/guy

5. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    I was able to get it S-P-S-Pause-S to work by doing this:

- While watching live TV, hit the select button to bring up the mini-guide
    - With the mini-guide up, do your SPS... sequence.

I assume the mini-guide needs to have your current channel highlighted for this to work, which it will by default.

6. bd177

bd177 Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Tonawanda NY
    Yes that works but you get the clock in the middle of the screen. Doing it again gets rid of it.

7. bd177

bd177 Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Tonawanda NY
    I meant S-P-S-9-S not S-P-S_P-S