S-P-S-9-S and 20.2

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rocko, Jan 7, 2012.

1. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...
    So is anyone else puzzled why the clock ends up dead center in the middle of the screen?

2. brantpoint

brantpoint New Member

Oct 19, 2002
    I can't get the clock to show up anywhere!

3. seakurt

seakurt New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I couldn't get it to show up either. Rocko, can you describe how you're getting S-P-S-9-S to work on 20.2. I'm on Premier Elite. I was starting while viewing a prerecorded show but my first 'select' pops up a menu and it's downhill from there.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    You can enter any SPS code while playing back a showcase video. From HDUI:
    TC->Showcases & Apps->Showcases->Play video (Morning Joe)

For the clock it is centered if using HDUI but bottom right as normal when using SDUI.

5. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...
    Honestly, I can't remember - I just got lucky and was able to toggle it off and on. I've been trying to reproduce it but with no luck so far. I guess since the guide doesn't get involved while playing back Showcase/Web content Moyek's technique works.

However, what's so special about the previous location where the clock now sits smack in the middle?

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I think the location of clock is a harcoded x,y distance from top left of the screen. Since HDUI has greater resolution that hardcoded location places clock in the middle instead of bottom left. That would also explain why the font looks smaller as well in HDUI.

It appears to me like TiVo is not too concerned ensuring all the SPS codes work as they used to given entering an SPS code now requires workarounds and not all work as they should.

7. gteague

gteague golftango

Apr 1, 2007
    dfw (euless)
    can't thank you enough for this tip! you can't even imagine how many hours i've wasted trying to find an ad so i could enter my 'quick disappear' code for the timebar.

/guy

8. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT