Runs out of program data despite connecting

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by joeandmaria, Jan 28, 2012.

1. joeandmaria

joeandmaria New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    I have a series 3 Tivo HD. I would run into problems were it would say it was running out of program data, and I would need to connect. Well it was connecting on a daily basis. When I would restart the Tivo it would be good for a couple weeks, then the same thing until I restarted it.

I finally replaced the hard drive figuring that may solve the problem. It did for 6+ months, then the same thing happens. I can always fix it by restarting the Tivo, but there must be another way to fix it. I have read others with the same problem, but have not come across a solution. I have done the repeated guided setup in the past with little success.

Any advice?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You might try permanently deleting all of the recordings in the "Recently Deleted" group. Probably won't help but you never know. Sometimes a TiVo develops some weird disk space management issues.

3. joeandmaria

joeandmaria New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Is there a way to do this all at once, or do I have to do it one at a time?

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    One at a time, unfortunately.

Google s03 error.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The easiest way I have found is to put my left thumb on the "Clear" button and my right thumb on the "Select" button go left-right-left-right... with a slight pause between each press. Occasionally, I'll get ahead of myself and have to re-enter one or the other but it goes pretty quickly.

6. Bob723

Bob723 New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Minneapolis,...
  7. joeandmaria

joeandmaria New Member

Oct 2, 2002
  8. Bob723

Bob723 New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Minneapolis,...
    I suggest contacting TiVo and filing a case here: http://support.tivo.com/app/ask You won't be the first person they have heard from but it may help in getting them to work on resolving the issue.

Next, consider getting a timer and set it up to turn off the TA during the night. I set one up yesterday so it is too early to know if it really worked. Someone else in the forum suggested setting it to turn off the TA at 12:02 a.m. and back on at 4:58 a.m. - so that is how I set up mine. Below is the response I got back from TiVo - which seems to support the timer concept. What I don't like is that they have the case marked as "solved" when it obviously is not.