RS-TX20 and In Demand cable

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by garrock, Dec 22, 2005.

1. garrock

garrock New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    I have digital cable, and just became aware of an "in-demand" service: go to the cable service menu, and select from a list of movies to watch right then and there. However, Tivo appears to choke on this. The screen sputters, and every now and then a Tivo error screen flashes ever so briefly. Over many minutes and no blinking, it appears to say that it can't play the Live TV, and to check connections, and to restart the tivo box if necessary. I realize that this In Demand feature is activated by the cable remote menu setting, and if it occupies a channel number I can't find it. Is there anyway to be able to make Tivo compatible with this feature? I would be glad to just watch in demand movies occasionally without Tivo, but putting the box on standby shuts down the signal to the television. Thanks.

2. garrock

garrock New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Adelphia contends the problem is not at their end. When I get a chance, I will swap the TIVO-attached cable box with the bedroom cable box (which does video on demand just fine) to verify. I"ve gotten no reply yet in this forum, and similar lack of response on an Adelphia newsgroup. I guess I have an isolated problem that isn't shared by anyone else.

3. garrock

garrock New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Toshiba customer service responded with the following:

"The Video on Demand has a copy protected signal and you will not be able to view or record this through the TIVO."

It's good to know that my equipment isn't faulty, but I thought all of my premium channels were copyrighted signals as well, and the TIVO works fine with them...