Royal Pains Season 7 all episodes *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Zevida, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA

Advertisements

I'm a few months behind and binge-watching the season now. I just really like this show even though it is total fluff. I think it's that the characters are mostly just so fun and charming.

I'm up to episode 7 which has Boris and Evan conspiring together for a secret surgery.

Hank is the worst bad luck talisman of all time. Everywhere he goes people have accidents, injuries, and major illness, and those are just random bystanders, not the patients he's actually called for. I am enjoying him getting into the dating world a bit.

I thought they might have brought Jill back to be hospital administrator, but I guess not. I hope Boris didn't just give Evan the job because he thought he could manipulate him.

I'm glad Divya's custody stuff is done, will be very interesting to see where they go with the love triangle. I can't see her with a prince, going back to Rafa who flaked on her, or picking Raj the safe choice, so I think she'll end the season alone. (I'm assuming this is another split season.) I'm still holding out for her to fall for Jeremiah!

Speaking of, it was so sad to see him get played by the college bully. But, I am tired of yet another Jeremiah freaks out story. Maybe I'm just imagining, but feels like we've been here before. I enjoyed his progress and working with Evan.

2. Zevida

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Ah, no split season just a shorter one, only eight episodes. Seems about right for this show, by the last episode I wanted to start fast forwarding through the amazing emergency medical stuff.

Not a surprise that Evan and Paige did not get the baby. I really like the two of them, this is not the kind of show that will have a sad ending, so I'm sure they will get their baby.

Divya and Raj - ugh, uninspired. Not happy they are engaged.

Hank realizing he broke it off with the fiancée is interesting. I'm sure they will also have him find his love next season (if it's the last), I wonder if it will be a woman from him past?

In spite of the cheesiness, the show makes me tear up from time to time! It's sweet.

3. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    This is one of the shows I look forward to every season. :up: It's just plain fun.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This. I just like the characters, even if the stories are really just kinda silly. These are people I'd just love to hang with.

5. Zevida

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA

Advertisements

I think this is really the crux of it - the characters and how they are acted and written are just really fun, and I'd want to be friends with all of them.

Plus, all the scenery (filmed throughout Long Island) is really pretty!

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I just caught up on all of S7 this week. It is fun and fluff and easy watching.

My biggest question is how the hell did Boris' secret lair fit in there? Wasn't it right next to Evan's "suite"? How does all that space magically appear? Or disappear for that matter.

7. Zevida

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Yes, obviously there were more people in on the conspiracy because Boris sure did not do the construction of the secret room and move all the medical equipment there.

But this TV show doesn't take itself seriously enough to be concerned with those types of details!

8. Jul 7, 2016 #8 of 15
    efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Well, it's finally over. I think the director told Feurstein, Give me your biggest grin, bigger, bigger, now hold it for one hour.

And wow is Divya huge. Is she having triplets?

Anyway, glad we didn't see Eddie again, decent resolution for Boris, Hank and Jill together probably was inevitable but I'd have rather seen something else.

9. Jul 7, 2016 #9 of 15
    Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    A decent though entirely predictable ending. It seemed to me that everyone got what they wanted. Hank and Jill, Evan getting Shadowpond. Diviya and John Hopkins, Boris and his ... well whatever Boris wanted.

I think this is the only episode without a medical crisis that I can remember, and I don't count Boris and his Dengue fever as a medical crisis.

10. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    In a time where it seems like the trend is to have dark endings where something upsetting happens, it was refreshing to have this wrap up so nicely.

11. warrenn

warrenn Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    If someone liked the personal relationships and lightweight stories of "White Collar", would they also like this show? Are there similarities?

12. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

This..

It was on the brink of annoying.

13. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I liked it.

Nice to have a happy ending, especially when he went to Jill.

14. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Just finished the show today, predictable ending. It going to be fun Feurstein in the Prison Break revival.

15. Merrier

Merrier Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Southern...
    It's a great show for lightweight fun. The main character is sort of a medical MacGyver. I enjoyed watching the characters and relationships as they grew and changed over the series.

This and White Collar are similar in tone, so it would be worth a look I would think.