1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romio OTA to Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by joehornback, Jul 2, 2018.

1. joehornback

joehornback Twister

May 5, 2015
    Oklahoma
    So we had a big storm last night, during the storm the power flickered. The TV went out. I turned it all off and forgot about it for the day. Tonight I turned it on and the Tivo Romio OTA will not put out a picture. I have a Tivo mini in the bedroom. Went there and it still sees the main Romio and will stream any recorded show from it. Tried a new HDMI cable on the Romio, still no picture. It would seem that the storm took out the output? Is this possible? The unit is only 3 years old, so I hate to think it's shot but what do you think? The replacement OTA is now only sold with a lifetime subscription. I only gave $50 for my current OTA, I won't be paying $400 for a new one. So my next choice would be the basic BOLT. Will I be able to move my subscription from my OTA to the Bolt? I only pay by the month. Can I move my recorded shows to the new one?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Lifetime (or All-In) Tivo subscriptions are not box-to-box transferable, except under special circumstances defined by Tivo.

3. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You can check by using a program like KMTTG or PyTivo on a PC or laptop to see if the Roamio's content is network-accessible.

5. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Have you cold booted the TiVo?

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It's a good thing the OP has a monthly sub.

7. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Yes, you could easily have your monthly sub transferred to a new tivo, but you really don't want to do that if you need to transfer recordings from roamio to bolt because they both need a subscription in order to do that.