Romio OTA Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Doroteo, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Doroteo

Doroteo New Member

Jul 21, 2020

Advertisements

Where do I start? When playing a recorded show I often lose audio. Have to go back to live TV and change the channel. Getting the infamous V117 error message. Long lags after selecting a recorded show to play back. Suddenly my box will not connect to the Pandora app. At other times it will just decide to reboot. Chatted with TIVO and they think the pre-roll ads have something to do with all these problems. This box is a replacement for the first box I bought that failed. Its a refurb that I got about a year and a half ago. Tivo said they would put in a request to remove the pre-roll ad's and promised that my issue would be kicked up to the next level. Also gave me a case #. How long does it take them to remove the pre-roll ad's? I really think I need another box. Of course it will be another refurb since they don't make this one anymore. They did attempt to get me to trade-in mine for an Edge including a discount. Given the reviews on Amazon, no thanks. I wonder if replacing the hard drive myself will help?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Don't they usually tell you 2-3 days?

Scott

3. Doroteo

Doroteo New Member

Jul 21, 2020
    They didn't tell me anything Scott. I followed up with an email but they have not responded.