Romio OTA Guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by hrosee, Apr 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hrosee

hrosee New Member

Jun 30, 2016

Advertisements

I love my Romio OTA but the guide information is about 30 percent incorrect. The show it says it's showing is just plane wrong.

Any ideas on how to correct this? Where does the Tivo gets it's guide from?

Thanks,

Harold
    Dallas, Texas

2. BadMouth

BadMouth Member

Feb 29, 2016
    I keep my old non lifetime OTA for parts in case the one with lifetime dies. They could make a quick $100 off me by letting me add lifetime.

Last time I called (pre-rovi), they seemed convinced that I was only adding lifetime so I could sell it. They offered a cheaper monthly rate and kept restating that the reduced rate was transferable.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The guide comes from TiVo. However, TiVo was bought by Rovi last year, so you could say it's a Rovi guide. Other users of the Rovi guide are tvguide.com and tv.com which usually show the same information.

Another guide source, which TiVo was using is Nielsen (which bought Gracenote) and its data is also used by Screener and TitanTV.com and 99% accurate.

You have a few options. Tell TiVo with their online form: Report a Lineup Issue is the slowest method. For more serious issues you can email one of TiVo's nice people: Rovi Lineup Issues & Corrections but I can't say how this would apply to your problem.

One other method would be to use tvguide.com with nearby zipcode to see if there is one better than yours. OTA has been worse than cable since the buyout. Either way, Good Luck.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. meadota

meadota Member

Mar 11, 2013
    You don't say whether your Roamio is new or second hand. If it is second hand you may be set up with the previous owner's Zip Code. If it is new, you may have the wrong Zip Code for where you now live because you moved or made a missteeke when you entered your Zip Code..
    In any event the guide is usually pretty good if you enter all the correct info in the setup. I would suggest you go through the setup again to make sure.

5. hrosee

hrosee New Member

Jun 30, 2016

Advertisements

It was bought new about a year ago.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Really? I thought that the cable folks felt that it is cable that is worse. Maybe it's everyone playing in their own garden.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That could be the case. Perhaps it's the correction of incorrect OTA lineup data that's harder since coverage is so location dependent. But I swear when the guide changeover happened it was a nightmare for those located between markets. I have a Premiere configured for OTA and cable that I test with. Just last week I received a TiVo message that 20 channels were added to my OTA lineup. About half were in Philly, the rest Ohio. Since I get no OTA reception, this is just an exercise.

8. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    If guide data is a problem for OTA or not depends on where you live. I am solidly in one market (Rochester NY) and my guide data is just fine. I had a few hiccups during the change over, but I can count the number of real issue on one hand.