TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Romeo lifetime OTA wont boot

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  kpeters59 
#1 ·
I unplugged my Romeo and moved it to another room and TV. Plugged it in, it started with welcome screen then several orange led blinks than no signal. I tried several kickstarter signals, it accepts the signals then always goes back to no signal on the TV. I hate to believe the new 2TB hard went bad just by moving it.

#3 ·
Further investigation: The Romeo works with the older TV but not with the newest proscan. It did last year but now will only show the welcome screen but nothing further. No signal. I tried 4 different HDMI cables. So when the Tivo switches to a HD signal, the proscan wont show it. I tried every signal from 480 to 1080. I also have a Premier that works with HDMI and the Proscan TV. Any ideas?

#15 ·
Just did. It didn't help.
I just ordered a new 43" cheap off brand refurbished 1080 TV for $125 with good reviews.
I tried kickstart 52 and 56. No change at all. Then I decided to do kickstart 59 which let me repeat the guided setup. This is something I would have already done if I could have gotten to Tivo Central. Anyway, it worked! It completed setup without a hitch. I have no idea why. It's working fine now. I just hope it continues.
From here:

Tivo Premiere "no signal"

Maybe try the KS59 to see if that gets the ProScan online?

-KP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.