Rome "Son of Hades" 1/21/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dcheesi, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    No thread yet? Oh well, here goes:

So I take it that Octavian used his borrowed fortune to buy a small army? I assume that he never intended to hand out the cash; he knew that Marc Antony would react the way he did. (Maybe that's why he kept the fight going when Antony cooled off the first time?) This way he has his money and Antony looks bad publicly. And whoever lent him the money will have to support his side in the coming conflict if they ever want their money back.

On another note, am I the only one who thought that Cleopatra was less attractive in this episode? I don't know if it's the hair or the overly elaborate Egyptian makeup, but I was having a hard time buying Antony's interest in her.

BTW, I told you they were alive... ;) :p

2. jfjellstad

jfjellstad New Member

May 6, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    Good episode. I'm surprised that none of the captains actually objected to the takeover by Vorenus.

3. skanter

skanter New Member

May 27, 2003
    New York City
    They were scared s**tless of him -- son of Hades!

:D

4. jfjellstad

jfjellstad New Member

May 6, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    One thing I was wondering about. I thought Octavius and Marcus Antonius got together to kill Caesar's killers before they turned on each other.

5. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    great episode - again - glad to have this series back at least for this last season :)

6. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Crazy episode. Things are definitely heating up and I can't wait to see where it goes.

7. TostitoBandito

TostitoBandito Active Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Mill Creek, WA
    Great episode. I love the changes we see in Octavian, who, played by Max Pirkis, was my favorite character from the first season. Also, it was fun to see at the end of this episode that my predictions after seeing "Passover" were correct.

8. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    Another great episode, knew the family was sold into slavery.

9. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    Hmm, I wonder if Pullo with his new connections to organized crime and his close relationship with Octavian has anything to do with that...

Man, is there any aspect of the Roman empire that wasn't shaped by Pullo? :D

10. thedudeabides

thedudeabides New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Great episode. I, for one, am relieved that Vorenus's kids made it.

I loved the scene between Cleopatra and Antony, especially when the two slaves (both of whom are awesome) were really the ones bargaining, and left the hanky panky to the "masters."

I like Cleo much better without the mop on her head.

11. skanter

skanter New Member

May 27, 2003
    New York City
    Bad move for the guy who said that he had raped and killed them...cost him an important body part. ;)

12. TostitoBandito

Sep 17, 2006
    Mill Creek, WA
    He was dead either way. If he didn't say he killed them it would've cost him a lot more body parts, over an extended and agonizing period of time.

13. Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005
    I missed this scene I think. Where did we see LV's kids? Who has them now?

14. TostitoBandito

Sep 17, 2006
    Mill Creek, WA
    At the very end when you see Octavian in his armor on horseback with his army the camera pans around to a wagon full of slaves being pulled with his army. The shot cuts to the inside of the wagon and the kids and sister are in there.

15. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Funny moment when Cleopatra sort of, kind of recognized Pullo.

16. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    hmmm...I didn't like this ep so much...felt kind of "forced"...Vorenus was acting too much and was not believable...Cleopatra looked - again - like a child rather than a calculating woman...even the fight between Anthony and Octavian was silly...the part with the Jew and his brother (forget the name) was also done poorly...

we should have seen more of Octavian plotting his surprise...

after such a great start, I was bored and disappointed...

17. thedudeabides

thedudeabides New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I have to disagree here. I'm pretty stoked to see a stroyline involving Timon and his brother, Levi, who fled Jersusalem for fear of political persecution. There were a lot of interesting things happening in that part of the world at this time, and its nice to see the show acknowledge it.

18. Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005

Ah ok. I remember that. But just thought "who are those people". Didnt put 2 and 2 together.

Thanks.

19. skanter

skanter New Member

May 27, 2003
    New York City
    How about "I'll take you to them" and then try to think of something on the way?

;)

20. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I'm not saying it's a bad story arc...I was commenting on the way it was done...my entire rant was about how the whole ep was poorly written, acted, and produced...