1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rollback Bolt VOX Hydra to Classic

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tjernagel, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Tjernagel

Tjernagel New Member

Aug 8, 2018
    This may be a repeated thread but I thought it well worth re-posting.

I took advantage of the Summer Breeze sale and purchased two Bolt VOX 3tb to replace my Premier XL's. I was really excited about it and after they were up and running was disappointed with the new Hydra interface.

After contacting TiVo to tell them I was sending the Bolts back they provided a means to return to the classic menu.

Go to Help, Select Repeat Guided Tour. Instead of three Thumbs Down, select two Thumbs Down and two Rewinds. It will then ask you if you want to install the Classic Menu. Follow the onscreen instructions.

TiVo Rollback Hydra.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    stonewallers likes this.
  2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
  3. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Blow away definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

If you say that you are blown away by something, or if it blows you away, you mean that you are very impressed by it.

4. Tjernagel

Tjernagel New Member

Aug 8, 2018
    OrangeCrush likes this.
  5. Tjernagel

Tjernagel New Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Or shot dead... I fixed it just for you! :)

6. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    No, not really. When you are the only person with an interpretation of what a phrase means while everyone else has the exact opposite interpretation then the whole concept of language kind of breaks down.

7. stonewallers

stonewallers Member

Apr 8, 2010
    If only this thread was here two days ago. I finally got a chance to setup the bolt on Saturday only to discover it did in fact update to hydra. I did eventually find the roamio thread but had to read through pages and pages for verification that the same technique worked for the bolt. I'm a bit too conservative when trying posted solutions. (If the first post had been updated to note that the posted method was still current and worked for the Bolt, that would have saved some time). But, at least it took much less time to rollback hydra than to verify the technique worked on the Bolt.

rdrrepair and leiff like this.
  8. fredi

fredi Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Maryland
    I appreciate the post, because I couldn't get my new "Springtime" Bolt to downgrade and the picture verifies I'm doing it the right way. My first Bolt had no problem downgrading.