Roku Smart Soundbar

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Jim1348, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Jim1348

Jim1348 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
  2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    I bought one last week through HSN, it was $155. I'm using it in my bedroom attached to a 43" TCL Roku tv. :) I like it alot, better then without for sure. It came with Voice remote that had a Disney+ key, I sold the remote for $33 on ebay. I have boatload of wifi roku remotes. Help offset the price of the soundbar.

What's different then any other roku, it allows you pair a Bluetooth device to the soundbar, so there's tile just like other apps on the home screen marked Bluetooth. When programming the remote they don't give a way to pick a tv brand, reason is the volume stays with the soundbar, and it controls the tv power via hdmi-cec. So all tv brands respond to the same power command delivered over the hdmi cable.

I manly stay on the Roku tv home screen, but the roku soundbar home screen is just a button press away and same to go back to tv.

Jim1348 likes this.
  3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Because the Roku Smart Soundbar uses the same Roku IR code set that Roku's have been using for 10 years, with a few extra commands throw in, don't look for a code in a Tivo remote to control the volume and mute of the soundbar. Because it neither uses a TV code or Audio component code. If you had a tivo remote with learning feature you could possible teach the commands, but the IR audio commands are tricky getting. You'll need a third remote to get them.