Roku HBOGO app won't reauthorize (Comcast\Xfinity)

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by nrnoble, Mar 20, 2015.

1. nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Looking for help\suggestions.

I have been streaming HBOGO on my two Roku boxs for a couple of months and its been working perfectly, then about three days ago some kind of reset occured and I needed to re-authorize both HBOGO and Showtime Anywhere. In both cases, the Roku apps were requiring me to get authorization codes as if they never has been authorized before. With Showtime Anywhere, the authorization process worked as expected and Showtime Anytime app functions as it did before, but when I attempt to authorize HBOGO (HBOGO.com\activate), the roku app always returns an error stating HBOGO is currently unavailable and I need to reauthorize HBOGO. Repeating the process results in the same error.

HBOGO works fine on my iPad & computers. I get all the HBO cable channels through my TiVos. This is strictly isolated to HBOGO authorization on my two Roko boxes. All other roku cable apps that require (comcast) authorization are working.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Contact Roku?

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app?

4. nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Yeah, have tried removing, and re-adding the HBOGO app on both Rokus.

Contacted both Roku and Comcast, and they both claim its the other's problems (and\or HBO). The first person I spoke with at Comcast asked "What's a Roku?", once I got escalated I did talk with someone who was familiar with Roku, but still had no idea why I can get HBOGO on all my devices, computer, and TiVos, but not Roku. Won't rant about Comcast because I have spoken to tech people who truly do understand the technology they are dealing with, but always random when calling. Can't request to speak to "Joe" because he knows how to fix 90% of the problems.