Rogers Cable Tivo Box

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by reidjr, Jan 28, 2008.

1. reidjr

reidjr New Member

Nov 10, 2006

Advertisements

There is rumors very soon rogers will launch a tivo box.

2. MarkSFCA

MarkSFCA Member

Oct 18, 2004
    San...
    what does this mean?

3. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Tom Rogers is going to launch his own personal TiVo box with his picture painted on it? :p

4. mtchamp

mtchamp New Member

May 15, 2001
    MA
    I think they might be true, these rumors. Can you point to a discussion in some forum somewhere, I guess Canadian, about the TiVo and Rogers Cable rumors? Makes sense if Comcast and Cox are on board and because of the TiVo patent validation, many other cable co's should hook up with TiVo.

TiVo has the software to run on Moto boxes and working on SA, so I guess there is no excuse not to just to incorporate the TiVo interface. TiVo has the better interface, ad solutions, internet download solutions and more to help cable co's with the convergence of TV and internet.

5. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...

Advertisements

For Canadians wishing a high definition TiVo, a lot.

As Rogers is one of the biggest cable providers (if not THE biggest) in Canada, it will finally allow many Canadians something the US has enjoyed for a year and a half now: the way to integrate high definition cable TV service with TiVo.

Right now, Canadians only have the choice of their cableco's DVR's if they want one that records in high definition. Because the CRTC isn't mandating the use of CableCard technology, the S3/THD series can't be used north of the border with digital cable.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Rogers Cable primarily uses Scientific Atlanta boxes in their major markets, if that means anything. And it would be Ted Rogers, head honcho at Rogers communications.

7. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    so OP, tell us more. You really seem to be in the know.